Thursday, October 25, 2007

Need a swift kick in the ass

Last night a women's group on campus hosted a leadership forum. The speaker was the first African American woman to receive an MBA from Harvard Business School. Her topic: "Breaking the Mold".

While she was interesting and I am glad I went I felt that a lot of her suggestions were generic platitutdes. Two things I did take away from her talk:

1. She would never have acted had circumstances not changed for her. Therefore, if I want to make a change, I have to change my circumstances. No more playing it safe.

2. I need to find a source of personal strength and listen to my intuition more. For a while now, my intuition has been telling me what to do, and I have found every imaginable excuse not to do it. Now is the time...

No comments: